Hunger Banquet: November 28, 2017
The Forum for International Health and Tropical Medicine (FIHTM) will be hosting WashU’s annual Hunger Banquet on Tuesday, November 28 from 6:30-8pm in FLTC 302. The night simulates global hunger disparities and provokes conversation about global hunger and important global health disparities. Students are put in groups with faculty and residents with experience in global health, to stimulate discussion and provide additional insight. The night will culminate with Dr. Mark Manary giving a brief talk on his impressive experiences working in Malawi and Sierra Leone with Project Peanut Butter researching childhood malnutrition.
19th Annual Global Health Symposium: Apr 6, 2017
The Forum for International Health and Tropical Medicine (FIHTM) presents the 19th Annual Global Health Symposium: Refugee Medicine. This year, it will be held in a single afternoon, on Thursday, 4/6, 12-9 PM. Our keynote speaker is Dr. Patricia Walker, MD, DTM&H, the current president of the American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene (ASTMH). The schedule for the symposium is listed below.
- 12-1 PM: Global Health Trivia Lunch Talk, Holden Auditorium, FLTC
- 1 PM: Poster Set-Up, FLTC Atrium
- 4-5 PM: Poster Presentations, FLTC Atrium
- 5-6 PM: Series of Brief Global Health Talks, Connor Auditorium, FLTC
- 6-6:30 PM: Dinner, FLTC Atrium
- 6:30-7:30 PM: Keynote Lecture, Connor Auditorium, FLTC
- 7:30-9 PM: Reception, FLTC Atrium
Lunch and dinner will be served.
Location: Farrell Learning and Teaching Center